Each Journey is Unique
Your journey is your own. It won’t be like your friend’s or even your mother’s. As women, we often put pressure on ourselves to control it, keep it together, take change in stride, and downplay uncertainty. We are told to be excited, to celebrate. But some of us feel muted and have self-doubt. Others of us are elated and adjust easily. Whatever you’re feeling, it’s real.
You are changing.
From the outside, we hear that we can be super-heroes, that we can do it all, that we can do nothing, or that we can buy this or that to be better. None of that actually addresses our true needs. Now, there is something that does.
Phoebe is a place of refuge.
Where community is formed by women giving birth around the same time. Where support is comprehensive—because no two women have the same experience. Where wisdom is shared and celebrated. Where experts are trained to help you find the answers that are right for you. Because we give birth in a broken world. Phoebe seals the cracks.
Phoebe is named for the titan of the moon. Her strength comes from being female—not despite it. Phoebe helps you realize a new kind of strength.
A strength built from who you were, so you can see who you have become.
We’re Here for You
When it comes to choosing a community to support you through one of your most important transitions in life, we understand it needs to be a good fit. Our co-founder, Emily Klingbeil, can answer any questions you may have.
A Focus on Your Experience
- All along the way, we help you reflect on your journey and find your new voice, whether it is by hearing your birth story or by listening to a story you really need to tell
- A group of fellow members matched by due date
- Online meetups via Zoom and Google Hangouts and a private Facebook group
- Alumni members on-hand to provide hyperlocal resources and connection
- A mix of one-on-one support and lively group discussions
- A team of top experts joins each group throughout the four months, getting to know each member and her journey from late pregnancy through postpartum
- Experts provide curated information and guidance on everything from mental health, to breastfeeding, to infant care and sleep, and more
- Topics driven by group needs and interests; recent topics include: increasing your milk supply, postpartum physical recovery, and getting your needs met through effective communication
Trusted Providers, Better Support
- Postpartum doula-trained team leaders provide personalized support, guidance, and cheerleading when you need a boost
- Access to vetted clinicians and top-quality referrals matched by your geographic location
- Experts readily available for home visits and phone consultations
Phoebe collaborates with a team of top experts who join you throughout your journey into motherhood. Experts become trusted guides who provide high-quality and curated information, wisdom, and support.
Sneha Gazi, PT, DPT
Physical Therapist & Pelvic Health Specialist
Joyce Havinga, DONA
Jackie Stewart, MA
From Our Members
Your 4-month Phoebe membership connects you with a community of women giving birth at a similar time and a team of experts to guide you along the way. You’ll have access to vetted information and high-quality resources when you need them most.
Fall 2020 Group
for women giving birth August to November
Winter 2021 Group
for women giving birth December to February